cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvera1
Surveyor

Peer Review Rubric Issues - Save Comment Button Can Only be used Once? No Changes Allowed?

Jump to solution

Is the "save comment" button that appears in the Rubric area for students Peer Reviewing an assignment, intended to be used only "once" after students have entered all comments/ratings under rubric area? Students who click the save comment button and then decide to make a quick change to a rating/comment, receive an "oops the last request didn't work out" error and their changes are not saved. Is this rubric area intended to not allow changes after once submission? This seems counterintuitive for students who may want to save their work along the way especially if they are entering more lengthy feedback comments. Please advise what would be a best approach or if this is a bug? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cvera1 , I don’t think this is how it should be functioning. To start with, I’d have students try a different browser (Firefox or Chrome), but I would also go ahead and submit this to Canvas Support to see if it’s a bug. To contact support click on the Help link in Canvas and “Report a Problem.”

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cvera1 , I don’t think this is how it should be functioning. To start with, I’d have students try a different browser (Firefox or Chrome), but I would also go ahead and submit this to Canvas Support to see if it’s a bug. To contact support click on the Help link in Canvas and “Report a Problem.”

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

Thank you Kona, we will submit a ticket to Canvas then. Regards-Cryssel

Hi Cryssel,

Did you get a resolution for this issue? I am having the same issue.

Thank you!

Angie

Hi Angie, 

It looks like a Feature Idea had been submitted regarding this issue. According to canvas the save button is working as it should in terms of submitting the rubric. Please see Justin Lopez' post:  

Give rubrics (including Peer Review) the ability to save without submitting

andrew_mathas
Surveyor II

I find it quite amazing that this issue was report a year and a half ago and canvas are yet to fix the problem. This is a serious bug that renders peer review marking with rubrics almost useless. Can you please fix this!?