Peer Reviews, Rubrics with Free-Form Comments, and the Canvas App

Jump to solution
sdemars
Community Member

Hi all,

I've set up an anonymous peer-review task for my students where they all review a short piece of writing using a rubric with free-form comments.  A lot of the students use the App for most Canvas functions - and I can confirm that on both the student and the teacher app, these rubric entries do not appear in the rubric section for the relevant assignment.  (We can all see them on the website.)

When I fill in the rubric as a teacher, on the other hand, my rubric entries *do* appear on the app's Assignment page.

My question is if this is a) because I've set the peer reviews up to be anonymous, or b) because they are peer reviews, and peer reviews don't work well with the mobile apps?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @sdemars -

Unfortunately, the Canvas Student app does not support Peer Reviews within the app. Students can access the Peer Review if they use a mobile browser. The mobile browser is quite responsive to screens of all sizes, so the experience is pretty nice. 

When I assign Peer Reviews, I generally add a "disclaimer" or added instructions at the bottom of the assignment directing students to use a browser as the feature isn't supported in the apps (iOS or Android). Once students see this, they're generally good to go as the Peer Review appears in their To Do List.

View solution in original post

0 Likes