Peer review on a Quiz?

Jump to solution
ckloock
Community Member

I assigned a quiz (new Quizzes) to my students, and they have informed me that Canvas has set them up to peer review the quiz -- which was not my intent.  I don't even see this as an option when setting up a quiz in new quizzes, and it is not there now, in either the quiz that is "requiring" peer review, nor anywhere I can find when setting up a new quiz.  I've posted an announcement telling them to ignore this peer review, but would prefer a better solution.  So:  1) How do I get rid of it? and 2) how do I prevent this from happening on the next quiz.?

FYI -- I did set up peer review for a different assignment, so I suspect that Canvas has decided this is a global setting -- I don't want to turn off peer review for the other assignment, but don't want students to waste their time peer reviewing a Quiz.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @ckloock 

Since there is no "global" peer review function in Canvas, I suspect that you set a peer review for the assignment that houses your quiz, or one was set for the assignment before you imported it into your classroom.

These guides should help:

I don't use peer reviews, although I have helps lots of my teachers do so, and what is bugging me is this statement is the second guide I linked you to, "Peer reviews cannot be used with External Tool assignments"

If this is also true of New Quizzes, then you have a bug, and should contact Canvas support.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes