cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwilson7
Community Member

People Copied from 1 Course to Another

Jump to solution

I copied all the content from one course to another course.  People were also copied into the second course from the first.  When I deleted the people in course 2, they were also deleted from course 1.  How do I prevent this from occurring?  Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kwilson7 ...

I would agree with  @lmoreira .  Students/Instructors are never copied from one course to another if you are using the Course Import Tool provided inside the Canvas environment.  And, if students are removed from one course, they are not removed from another course.  So, yes, if you could provide some more details and/or screen shots (being careful not to reveal any student names/grades), that might be helpful.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lmoreira
Learner II

Hi  @kwilson7 ‌,

How did you copy the course? Usually, users are not copied over when copying a course. It would help a lot if you could clarify it.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kwilson7 ...

I would agree with  @lmoreira .  Students/Instructors are never copied from one course to another if you are using the Course Import Tool provided inside the Canvas environment.  And, if students are removed from one course, they are not removed from another course.  So, yes, if you could provide some more details and/or screen shots (being careful not to reveal any student names/grades), that might be helpful.  Thanks.

View solution in original post