Percentage wrong, not counting all possible points

Jump to solution
rodney_ninow
Community Novice

I have students with missing assignments, but for some reason, Canvas doesn't reduce their grade by those points. I have one missing 60 points, the total possible for my class is 262, but her average is out of 202. Her grade is not 87%, it is actually more like 67%. How do I fix this? Here is a picture of some of her grades, you can see some points missing, (one was done wrong, so it shows submitted, but no grade, the other 20 are off the screen).

1 Solution
jwadec
Community Contributor

@rodney_ninow ‌, I noticed in the screenshot that there are a few assignments that have a dash. This means that there is not a grade assigned. Canvas is treating those assignments as if the due date has not past and that's why the grade seems so high. As an instructor you'll need to ensure that zeros are in the grade book for all assignments past due. 

Take a look at this guide if you'd like the grade book to automatically apply a grade for missing work ~ https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26291-how-do-i-apply-a-missing-submission-policy-in-the-gra... 

View solution in original post