cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hadassa-G
Surveyor

Personal Info

Jump to solution

I by mistake wrote the wrong year for my birthday when I first signed in. How do I change that?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@Hadassa-G 

I've looked through your community profile and don't find a field for birth date. The initial profile creation asks the prospective member to enable a checkbox to affirm that they are aged 16 or over, so as long as that's the case, you should be good to go. You can review your own personal information by clicking on your avatar and selecting My settings.

If I've missed something (always a possibility 🙂) please post a screenshot here of where you are seeing the birth date, with the actual date blurred or blotted out, of course. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @Hadassa-G ...

For clarification, were you entering in the year when trying to sign in to your school's Canvas environment?  Or, were you trying to sign in to this Canvas Community website?  Any other details from you would be helpful...thanks!

I was trying to sign into the community website.

Hi @Hadassa-G ...

Hmmm....ok.  Thank you for the clarification.  I will pass your message along to a few of the Canvas Community Managers to see if one of them might be able to help you out.  They may not reply until tomorrow morning, though.  Stay tuned...

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@Hadassa-G 

I've looked through your community profile and don't find a field for birth date. The initial profile creation asks the prospective member to enable a checkbox to affirm that they are aged 16 or over, so as long as that's the case, you should be good to go. You can review your own personal information by clicking on your avatar and selecting My settings.

If I've missed something (always a possibility 🙂) please post a screenshot here of where you are seeing the birth date, with the actual date blurred or blotted out, of course. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

When I first signed up, I was asked to give my birthday. Now, when I try to sign into portfolium, it says 

Uh-Oh!
You can't create a Portfolium account
You must meet the minimum age requirement to create a Portfolium account.

I think this is because I by mistake wrote 2021 instead of the year I was really born. Now I don't know where that is (it was only there when I was giving my information like my email address)

@Hadassa-G  Since my post of earlier today, I have confirmed that here in the Canvas Community we do not collect birth dates from our members.

Your reference to Portfolium sounds like you're trying to accomplish something completely different: perhaps you saw an interface that looks like what is depicted in How do I sign up for a Portfolium Network account? ? If my guess is correct, you'll need to ask Portfolium to make the change on your behalf, and I hope that the Help link pictured in How do I get help with Portfolium Network? is visible to you on the Portfolium platform so you can get the assistance you need.