cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayreimm
Community Member

Pictures Reformatting on Their Own

I have created a home page with a 3x3 table with picture buttons. When I click "save" out of the editor, it appears like this (the way I want it):

Correct layout

However, if I navigate to modules, or anywhere else, then come back to the home page, it looks like this, with the pictures stretched:

Stretched unappealing layout

It's very frustrating. Any suggestions? Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mayreimm...

Without seeing the HTML code for that page (and specifically the table with the pictures), it's difficult to tell what the exact cause might be.  However, here are a couple initial things I can think of that may be the root cause:

• Your table width is not set to 100% of the screen size.  Rather, it is set to a set number of pixels....reaching beyond the viewable screen.
  • When you inserted the images into the cells of the table, did you scale them down to the size that you wanted?  I usually advise against doing this because you're not changing the physical file size of the image.  So, if you have a high resolution image that's large in file size and you scale it down, students still download the large file when they visit the page.  Consider scaling your images to the size you want offline in a graphics editing program (you can use something as simple as the Paint program included with Windows).

It might be best if you could paste in the HTML code from that page so we can take a look at it to see what exactly is going on.  Thanks.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

mayreimm,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie