cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Pictures for Canvas

Jump to solution

How do you turn a picture that you uploaded?  the picture was correct when uploaded.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, dkelley@pierce.ctc.edu...

There isn't a way that you'll be able to turn the picture inside of Canvas.  What you'll need to do is download a copy of the image (if it's not already saved somewhere on your computer).  Next, open up the image in a graphics program on your computer.  (This could be using the Paint program that is included with Windows, for example.)  You'll need to use the tools in your graphics editing software to rotate the image as needed, and then save it again.  Finally, re-upload the image to Canvas.  Hope this helps, Dolores.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, dkelley@pierce.ctc.edu...

There isn't a way that you'll be able to turn the picture inside of Canvas.  What you'll need to do is download a copy of the image (if it's not already saved somewhere on your computer).  Next, open up the image in a graphics program on your computer.  (This could be using the Paint program that is included with Windows, for example.)  You'll need to use the tools in your graphics editing software to rotate the image as needed, and then save it again.  Finally, re-upload the image to Canvas.  Hope this helps, Dolores.

View solution in original post

?Thanks everyone!!

I actually also changed the picture around on my picture software and it still turned the picture in Canvas. Finally what I did was save the picture to my hard drive and it came over okay.

Dolores

Dolores A. Kelley Asst. Professor/Coordinator

Construction Management Program

Fort Steilacoom Campus- Rainier Bldg. 465

dkelley@pierce.ctc.edu<mailto:dkelley@pierce.ctc.edu>

253-964-6452

Surveyor II

I'm having a similar issue where I have images on my computer, but when I upload them in Files they come out 90 degrees turned.  I tried turning the picture on my computer 90 degrees the opposite direction but the picture ends up 180 degrees off.  Is this a test?  Smiley Happy