cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lydia_spoljaric
Community Member

Pin announcements to front page?

Jump to solution

How do I pin an announcement to the front page?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @lydia_spoljaric ...

I think this Guide will help to answer your question: How do I show recent announcements in the Course Home Page?.

Sing out if you have any other questions about this.  Thanks!  Be well, and stay safe.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @lydia_spoljaric ...

I think this Guide will help to answer your question: How do I show recent announcements in the Course Home Page?.

Sing out if you have any other questions about this.  Thanks!  Be well, and stay safe.

View solution in original post

?Hi Chris,

I know how to show recent announcements. I want one particular announcement pinned at the top all of the time.

Bye,

Lydia

@lydia_spoljaric  and  @carmen_bian ...

Unfortunately, there isn't an ability to "pin" an announcement to the top of the page like you can do with discussion topics.  There have been a handful of suggested Feature Ideas in the past about this kind of enhancement to Canvas, but they haven't received much traction here in the Community and are now in Cold Storage‌.

Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this has helped to answer your question.

rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Lydia,

In your course go to Settings and make sure you are on the Course Details tab.  Go to the bottom of the page and click More options.  Check the box next to "

Rick

carmen_bian
Community Member

This just controls the number shown.  It doesn't pin one. I might want to have an announcement from day 1 of my course continue to be seen in addition to many others that may be more recent, but I want to keep this one particular announcement always first.  How to do this?

@carmen_bian  

Use a page you create yourself as your front page. Add the text of your "forever announcement" at the top and the remainder of your front page content below.

or,

Create your "forever announcement", and set show recent announcements on your front page. Then copy the content of your forever announcement to the top of each new subsequent announcements.

Kelley