Please how do I find an uploaded file in any of the weeks ?

Jump to solution
bigofo2019
Community Novice

Please if I am in the dashboard, how can I locate or find an already uploaded file?

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @bigofo2019  Welcome  to the Canvas Community.  I assume you mean a file that you uploaded for a class?  Copies of all files that you submitted to a course site in Canvas are kept in your user files area.  From the Dashboard, click on the Account button on the upper-left and then click on Files.  The rest is all covered in this online lesson: How do I view my user files as a student? 

In the off-chance you may be trying to find a file that an instructor has uploaded, this depends on certain things.  IF the instructor allowed access to the Files menu area of Canvas (and that may be a big IF...many instructors do not), in that same files area you will see folders for each course site you are enrolled in and can find them there.  This, too, is shown on that same online lesson linked above.  If that does not work--or if there are simply too many files--you can try to do a search for a specific file using the Search for files window at the very top of that screen.  Obviously, however, you would have to know the approximate name of the file you are looking for.

To narrow things down to a specific class--again, IF the instructor gives students access to the Files menu area--it is arguably a little easier to head to the specific course site in question, click the Files menu area, and scroll through them there and/or do a search at the top of that screen.  This is shown here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10527-421241990 

I hope this helps a bit, Isaac. Good luck with your studies!

View solution in original post