Please put a next student button for reviewing surveys

Jump to solution
astone2
Community Explorer

When I am looking over student surveys I have to click moderate survey then I click into a student survey but to move to the next student I have to click back to survey then moderate survey to get to the next student. Please could we just add a next button on the screen where I'm viewing a student survey so I don't have all the extra clicks, it seems like a simple change that would save an amazing amount of time!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

I have had this problem also with practice quizzes.  Unfortunately practice quizzes and surveys are part of the classic quiz system that canvas does not update anymore.  An option is to identify the quiz type as graded, even if you use other means to keep it from counting.  (I use weighted assignment groups and include a group weighted at 0% for activities like this.)  This will cause the quiz to show up in the gradebook, and also give you access to speedgrader for viewing results, which does already have the next student feature you seek. 

With a work around that shows up in the gradebook, using new quizzes is also an option.  At the moment new quizzes always show up in the gradebook.  In new quizzes you can set the quiz to be worth zero points, chose to display grades as complete/incomplete, and select do not count this towards the grade, all through the assignment edit settings that are accessed by the three dot icon next to the new quiz title on the assignment tab (specifically).  In the new quiz settings that are a part of the quiz (not that assignment tab) you can also choose to restrict student result view to keep the function on the student end more like a survey. 

You might also like to contribute to a conversation about adding a true survey feature: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/True-surveys/idi-p/376385

View solution in original post