cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arjimenez
Surveyor

Possible? Show, or highlight, 'to grade' submissions only from 'gradebook view'?

In the courses I am teaching students can submit any work for the entirety of the semester until the last date.  Is it possible to only see assignments with submissions needing to be graded?  Or is there a way to highlight those cells?  More efficient access would be awesome instead of viewing the 'to do' list.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bowmanr
Adventurer III

@arjimenez 

You can look at the gradebook.  If there is a submission required, it will show up with a document icon for ungraded submissions.  Also, you can set speed grader for a preference of ungraded assignments.  then go to the assignment and select speed grader.  It will start with all ungraded assignments that have been submitted.

I hope that helps some in what you are trying to do.

arjimenez
Surveyor

No, not really.  Think of doing a filter on a spreadsheet - you can search for items with a specific value.  I want to only see modules/assignments with students that have submitted and need grading.  I don't want to have to scroll up/down and left/right to find all of those from the entire gradebook.

@arjimenez 

I see now.  You would like your gradebook view to come up showing only those assignments that need grading - that would be a neat feature.

@arjimenez 

Not sure if the following is what you really want, but it may be a step in the right direction.

I stumbled across this looking at something else.  not really sure how I found it, but you can try it if you want.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Developers-Group/Discovering-ungraded-assignments-in-courses-with...

This approach uses two python scripts to pull that information.