Post Assignment Adjustments

Jump to solution
tenacean
Community Member

I assigned a pre-made assignment to my students.  The creator did not give the multiple choice problems point values and I didn't catch it until students submitted.  The students have now been given a score of 0 in their gradebook because the questions weren't given a point value.

This seems like such a simple adjustment but I find Canvas very antiquated at times...and I can't find a simple fix so far...so...here it goes...

After students have submitted...can I simply adjust the assignment's point values for each question and Canvas then automatically re-calculating each students point total in their gradebook???

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @tenacean 

A dang good argument for always reviewing material before releasing to the students, and especially quizzes. This sounds like a quiz, so unfortunately changing the point values in the quiz will not update the students' scores, they will have just achieved zero out of whatever the new total is. You will need to go into SpeedGrader and add those points to each question in each student's submission. These guides will show you how:

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post