cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Posting a video to a Canvas Module

Jump to solution

How do I add a video from my computer to a Canvas module?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer II

Hello djones@columbiasc.edu and welcome to the Community.  You have 2 options for adding a video to a module.  You could add the external URL (How do I add an external URL as a module item?  ) OR, my favorite, is to add a page and embed the video into that page (How do I embed a video in a page in a course?  )  This is my favorite because if it's a YouTube video, then the ads are removed!  Plus, embedding it in a page keeps students in Canvas.  Best of luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer II

Hello djones@columbiasc.edu and welcome to the Community.  You have 2 options for adding a video to a module.  You could add the external URL (How do I add an external URL as a module item?  ) OR, my favorite, is to add a page and embed the video into that page (How do I embed a video in a page in a course?  )  This is my favorite because if it's a YouTube video, then the ads are removed!  Plus, embedding it in a page keeps students in Canvas.  Best of luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks Jennifer. However, I am trying to upload a video that I recorded and saved to my macintosh. Can you help me with that? Thanks, David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer II

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.  David, I'd make sure the video on the Mac is saved as an mp4 first.  I would then email it to myself, use a USB, or attach my laptop and Mac to do a transfer that way.  Either way, you want to make sure that your video is on the computer where you are accessing Canvas.  (I made the assumption that this is not the case here.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

What video to put it iam wants too when what video

0 Kudos
Labels