Pre-recording a Lecture

Jump to solution
katherine_kemp
Community Novice

Hi, l would like to try and pre-record a session on Collaborate Ultra, is there a link that would instruct me how best do this? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
rpsimon
Community Contributor

Hi,  @katherine_kemp  and welcome to the Canvas Community!  

Collaborate Ultra is a video conferencing tool that is used specifically by Blackboard.  (It can be used by Canvas, but you will need to have your Canvas admin install it for you.  I am going to include directions below also.)  Canvas, on the other hand offers Canvas Conferences, which is hosted by BBB (Big Blue Button) and Blindside Networks.  You can find this tool in your Course Navigation Menu and it will be called "Conferences."  It's pretty easy to use.  You don't need another login either.  Here's some information to help you get started and I would highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with it before using it with your students.  (If you are going to use Canvas Conferences live with your students, I would also recommend you post an announcement in your course with the necessary information to help students use it, such as where they can find it, just in case they have never used it before.) 

Conferences

The conference should be recorded in Canvas automatically.  Try it out for just a few minutes and confirm that it works so you can get the hang of it before you start a long recording.  After you conclude your conference, you will be able to share that link with your students in your course for them to watch it on their own.  

Here's info on using Blackboard Collaborate.  Just remember that your Canvas admin will need to help you with getting it installed first.  

Blackboard Collaborate

Institutions that use Blackboard Collaborate can learn more about configuring and using the tool by viewing the Installation and Configuration Guidand the Blackboard Help website.

Behind the Blackboard! 

Please give a shout out if you need more help.  So if you can reach your Canvas admin and have him/her install Blackbaord, you can do that.  If not, you can use Canvas Conferences.  You could also use another third party video conference solution, save the recording to the cloud, and upload it to your Canvas course.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes