cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lawless_j
Surveyor

Prerequisite assignments, quizzes, and scores

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if there is a way to set up assignments or quizzes to run in series so that a student has to complete one and hit a predetermined score to move on to the next? Ideally, I'd LOVE to have one link on my homepage direct students to where they are in the series and keep track of their time on task and times of engagement. Fingers crossed...

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bneporadny
Navigator

Hi lawless_j,

It is what's called a "Feature Option" that an institution has to enable. Once enabled an instructor can then choose whether to use it or not in their courses. I would recommend reaching out to your local Canvas Admin to see if they can turn it on for you. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
bneporadny
Navigator

Hi lawless_j,

If you haven't already I would recommend reviewing Mastery Paths (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-use-MasteryPaths-in-course-modules/ta-p...). This may provide you what you're looking for. 

Thanks for the speedy reply. I think this might tick several of the boxes, but I don't seem to have access. Is the option for Mastery Paths an institutional opt-in, or can instructors use it at the class level?

lawless_j
Surveyor

Thanks for the speedy reply. I think this might tick several of the boxes, but I don't seem to have access. Is the option for Mastery Paths an institutional opt-in, or can instructors use it at the class level?

bneporadny
Navigator

Hi lawless_j,

It is what's called a "Feature Option" that an institution has to enable. Once enabled an instructor can then choose whether to use it or not in their courses. I would recommend reaching out to your local Canvas Admin to see if they can turn it on for you. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

THANK YOU!!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @lawless_j ...

In addition to the information that you have received from @bneporadny, have you considered using Module Requirements?  For example, I could do something like this in my own sandbox course (these are all quizzes, by the way, but I could have also added assignements in the same way):

ModuleRequirements_Quiz.jpg

Here is a Guide with more information for you: How do I add requirements to a module? - Canvas Community.

Does this help to answer your question?  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.