cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamerickson
Community Member

Prerequisite complete/incomplete

I would like to be able to set a requirement on a module that an assignment is graded as "complete" by me.  

All of my assignments are worth "0" points, and I choose to grade them Complete/Incomplete.

Students are graded on assessments only, and I require that they complete (to an acceptable level) certain assignments before they are allowed to take exams.

When I set the requirement for an assignment to "score at least....."  my only choice is 0/0.  Unfortunately, if I grade a student as "incomplete" and expect them to resubmit, Canvas recognizes this as a 0/0 and students are able to progress to the exam before I'd like them to.

A work-around is to set the point value of an assignment to 1, and then select "do not count this assignment towards the final grade".  My issue with this is the "false" points that appear.  I would love a work around that doesn't award meaningless points.

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @adamerickson ...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on September 4, 2019.  It seems as though you have stumped Community members with your question.  Have you been able to find any solutions on your own since you first posted your question five months ago?  If so, would you be willing to share your findings with us in this topic?  Or, if you're still looking for some help, please let us know that as well.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you in five months and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for that same amount of time.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Adam.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

saurilio
Learner

I have the same problem and posted my question here.