Prerequisite won't work

Jump to solution
mackeya
Community Member

I've been trying to set a prerequisite and followed the instructions, but when I click on "add prerequisites" nothing shows up.  There's no drop down menu. That is true for all of the modules.  None will let me add a prerequisite. Any ideas?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@mackeya 

In addition to what @Chris_Hofer wrote, there are some general troubleshooting tips.

1. Refresh the page. I've had issues with things not showing up on the modules page if I edit them and then try to use them. There might have also been a network glitch trying to load the information that a refresh would take care of. If that doesn't work, try forcing a page reload bypassing the cache by holding down the ctrl (Windows) or cmd (Mac) key while clicking on the browser's reload button. 
  2. Try a different browser and see if the problem persists.

There are other things to try, but they start getting technical in nature, so I would try those first.

Chris is correct that prerequisites can only be added for modules that appear before it on the page. The first module can never have a prerequisite. This is also a problem for those who would like to use prerequisites and rotate the modules so the current week is at the top and previous weeks are at the bottom. But everything after the first module should allow you to add prerequisites, so if it isn't, then something is going wrong.

View solution in original post