Preventing students from modifying calendar

Jump to solution
finsalscollons
Community Member

Hello, 

I needed two different calendars for the two sections of my course. Since I understand that course sections are not able to have different calendars, I have created a (student) group for each course section and used the calendar associated to each group. 

This has worked well with one major problem. Students are able to edit, delete and drag calendars events. This is really chaotic and my calendar has got messed up multiple times.

I have asked (and obtained) admin privileges but, when I see the list of permissions, there is not any permission to prevent students from modifying events in their group calendar. I have tried to look up  a solution on the Internet with no success.

Does somebody knows how to do prevent students from editing events in Group Calendars?

Thank you very much,

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

I don't know that you are going to find a way to do that.  The main point of groups is really for collaboration and there are not really roles in them; everyone essentially has access within the group.

How about this; you can't make calendar Events for specific sections but you can make Assignments for specific sections.  So create an assignment, set Display Grade As to "not graded", specify the section and set a due date for when you want it to appear on the calendar.  It will show a little differently than an Event would but I think it does do most of what you are trying to accomplish.

Rick

View solution in original post