Preview Quizzes

Jump to solution
isomtd
Community Member

Hello!! I have made two quizzes in Canvas and one is for my SPED section of students, who need extra help. That one I have selected to not shuffle BUT in the preview for the teacher, it shuffles every time. Is there a way around this? Questions should be in order in the preview, same as the published test, so students who need extra help can identify to the teacher which one they are struggling on. Extra work if the teacher has to scroll through each question to figure out which one the student is referring to.

0 Likes
1 Solution
urbansk6
Community Contributor

OK, the white rocket ship is the Classic Quiz engine. Are all the questions organized into a Question Group, by any chance? If they are, you'll see a heading above the questions that says "Group" (or whatever someone decided to name the group), followed by "Pick X questions, X pts per question." If you're seeing that, that means the questions have been put in a group, which are always randomized no matter what—you can't override the randomization of question groups by turning off shuffle. Unfortunately the only solution is rewriting the quiz by clicking "New Question" every time instead of "New Question Group."

If you're not seeing that, then something else might be going on, but that's my initial hunch.

View solution in original post