cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jon_davis
Community Member

Preview in Quizzes.net

1. How do I preview an assessment in Quizzes.net?
    1. I want to see what the assessment looks like for students to make sure I sent it up correctly.
Tags (1)
5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jon_davis ...

Have you tried previewing the quiz in "Student View"?  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13122-415261153 

jon_davis
Community Member

I have tried that approach.  Why not just have a button at the bottom of build that states preview?  On the old Canvas quizzes one could do that. Now it is not user-friendly.  Also, to view the assessment in student view I have to publish it first and therefore it is available for students to see before I am ready for them to see it.  

Hi  @jon_davis ...

I know there are some features of current quizzes (legacy) that are not currently present in the new Quizzes.Next quizzing engine.  This might be one of those features.  And, the reverse is also true...that there are some features in Quizzes.Next that didn't exist in the legacy version.  It's my understanding that Instructure is trying to get full feature parity for the new Quizzes.Next engine, but I'm not exactly sure when that will be completed.

Do you have a separate sandbox course where you could try copying your quiz into that course?  Then, you wouldn't have to worry about students accessing it before they should, and you can preview the quiz as much as needed.  Just a thought.

jon_davis
Community Member

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I do have a Sandbox, but having to move the quiz there still makes the process cumbersome.  I don't have time for cumbersome.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jon_davis ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie