cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Previewing quiz with IP filter in place

Hello,

I created a quiz with IP filter.  When I went to preview the quiz the questions did not appear - the browser page (Chrome/Firefox) gave an error message with not clear explanation; just some short code.  Then I removed the IP filter and retried preview, the questions did appear.  Since in my initial preview attempt I wasn't on a computer within the IP range, I'm assuming that is what prompted the error.  My question is the following:

Q: If I want to preview a quiz (note this is in the instructor view not student view) with an IP filter, I either have to be on a computer within that IP range or remove the IP filter to preview?

Regards,

Andy

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

ajw13@psu.edu, I’ll be honest I’ve never played around much with this feature, but what you are experiencing doesn’t totally surprise me. For some teachers they would probably want to be able to test that the filter was really working. 

Kona

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

ajw13@psu.edu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Highlighted

If you mean that it can’t be done then I guess that is an answer. But what I want is for quizzes to be able to be reviewed with instructor credentials when an IP filter is assigned. Shouldn’t be that difficult to do as I’ve done it in Blackboard and Angel.

Andy

Sent from my iPad

Highlighted
Adventurer

Hi Andy,

I know it's been a while since you asked this question. I also had this headache a while ago as I was getting teachers turning on and turning off IP filters in order to preview tests, and it was not a secure solution. Some teachers would take it off and forget to put it back on, some instructors made some really poor choices to give students access to tests when they shouldn't have. 

All that back story to say: TODAY I TRIED IT OUT ONE MORE TIME, AND I WAS ABLE TO PREVIEW A TEST WITH THE IP FILTER ON!! THAT IS SO AWESOME FOR ME AND MY SCHOOL.