cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adelima
Community Member

Printing a Canvas Quiz

Jump to solution

I have a student that has issues with taking quizzes/exams on a computer.  How can I take a quiz I have created on Canvas and print it out?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @adelima ​, and welcome to the Canvas Community! To obtain a print copy, you can click on the quiz, click Preview, and then print the quiz using the print commands for the browser you're using. It won't be perfectly formatted, but it should produce a usable hard copy.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @adelima ​, and welcome to the Canvas Community! To obtain a print copy, you can click on the quiz, click Preview, and then print the quiz using the print commands for the browser you're using. It won't be perfectly formatted, but it should produce a usable hard copy.

View solution in original post

It's me again. I click on the quiz, click preview and right click, nothing, left click, nothing, left click again, nothing - it is staring back at me and mocking me, so I click, click, click, CLICK, CLICK, CLICK - nothing.  What am I doing wrong save beating up on my mouse buttons?  I looked up videos, they said the same thing, nothing on my end works like the 2014 video.  Something my evil CANVAS administrator disabled? Garrrrrrgh. :smileylaugh:

@paccioretti_tho ‌, have you tried switching internet browsers (Chrome or Firefox)? Are you using a PC or Mac?

Hi Kona.  I use Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit) Google Chrome is up to date (so says Chrome).

on a Mac with OS 10.11.6 El Capitan - pretty recent version.  I'm going to call CANVAS today - they have been excellent with me - I'll report back my findings.  Thanks for your help.  

paccioretti_tho
Community Member

OK everyone - thank you for your help.  I restarted my browser and the right click thingy worked.   The resulting printout It's not helpful to be used as a hardcopy for students (I continue to be amazed of the things that the system was not designed to do - did anyone ask instructors? - but again I rant) that would want to hand write the exam.  It's good for my files but I will have to redo it in Word to hand out as an exam. What a pain in the tuchus - I spend 2X more creating the exam in CANVAS and now in Word as a hardcopy than designing it, but now we know.  Thanks all.  Fight on.

@paccioretti_tho ‌, as a relative newcomer to these forums, you might not know about the massive quiz refactor project that's currently underway and thisclose to coming to fruition. Check out Priority: Quizzes.Next‌ for the details, and "follow" the space to your inbox so that you can stay informed of its progress. Being able to export a quiz as a PDF or into Word (as described in https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7285-exporting-quizzes-into-word-or-pdf-documents" modifiedtit...) is one of the ideas that is aligned with the project.

Thanks Stefanie - but it seems Instructure has a lot on their plate.  The threads I read were not enthusiastic about seeing some, not all, of the quiz functions improved.   I look at the related ideas and have to chuckle, again.  We might not like Canvas but it is our Canvas.  I can't wait for the changes to impact the workarounds we use.  Too fun.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  It is better to know that it (Canvas) doesn't do something then to spend time trying to figure out if it does.  Hey - but I think I got my class contribution grading fix - thanks to you.  Chat again soon. Great picture, by the way.  Cheers.