Privacy of group submissions in Assignments

asprenkle
Community Novice

I used the automatic group function to create group sets in a large class.

Each student is asked to submit three things to the assignment:

1) a link to their group work

2) a group work/peer ranking likert scale and open response document 

3) an individual reflection on the assignment

I am getting complaints from students that either

•    they can see other students peer ranking documents uploaded to their submission
  • they are unable to submit their own documents

I expected that each student assignment submission space was unique.

When setting up the assignment, I enabled text entry, URL and file upload.

I then tested via student view the ability to upload multiple files/submissions.  That seemed to work, but I did not put the test student in a group.  Perhaps I have set the groups incorrectly?  I am prohibited from changing any of the settings.

I am seeing different things in speedgrader.  In the groups where I'm getting the complaints, I see this:

345015_CanvasGroup.png

Note that there is a pull down 'Submission to View' with several options to view.  These open the different docs uploaded by the different named students, but appear under a different student's name.

These students were put in the same group, but my expectation was that they could post their own documents to their individual page.

In the same class, under different individuals, also assigned to groups, I do NOT get the pull down and see their multiple submissions:

345016_pastedImage_2.png

Any ideas?

The due date is Friday, 4/16 @ midnight, and I'm looking for guidance on how they can all privately submit their work by the deadline.  I've been spending most of my time managing expectations on the difficulties of group work and assuring generous grading, but this has really thrown a wrench into my classroom management.