cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Problem deleting a character

On my Front Page there is a letter A with a down arrow to the right of it next to the class section number. It has to do with "Alternative Formatting" I cannot delete this character and was wondering if students can see and click on it as well. How can I get this deleted from my front page?

Please advise and thanks for your help ahead of time!

Gary B

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @gary_bergreen ...

Any chance you might be able to post a screen shot of where you are seeing this in your Canvas course?  I'm trying to picture this in my mind...but nothing is standing out to me at the moment.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Highlighted

I have a screen shot but not sure how to send it you.

Thanks for time in advance

Gary B

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi again, @gary_bergreen ...

This Guide should help with inserting an image: How do I add a comment in the Canvas Community?.  Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

unwantedCharacter.JPG

I have not seen this before -  Again, thanks for your help!

Gary B

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @gary_bergreen ...

Thanks for sharing the screen shot.  I've never seen an icon like that before.  It seems like it might be part of the title of your course?  Though, I'm not entirely sure.  You could go to your course "Settings" page and then on the "Course Details" tab...right below where you can add an image, there should be a field for course "Name:".  Are you able to edit the course name or see if that icon is somehow displayed there?  If you are not able to edit the "Name:" field on your own, you might need to check with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if they know anything about this and can remove it.

Hope this helps!  Keep us posted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the help. I'll look into that.