cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Problem with Highlight Annotation Tool

I am using SpeedGrader and trying to use the Highlight Annotation tool, but for some reason, I am unable to select the desired highlighted portion of the document. I am following the steps; select tool, select annotation color, then select desired section of document, but this action does not work. All the other tools work just fine, just not the Highlight Annotation tool. Also, I have tried the same action on Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox; still, no result. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi, mbryant@vcccd.edu. This is going to be a tough one to troubleshoot without seeing it. Would it be possible to take a quick screen-recording or series of screenshots of what this looks like?

Edit: I didn't share this at first because it sounds like you have the process down, but in case it helps anyone, here is the guide on leaving annotations in SpeedGrader, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26515  

Highlighted

344508_Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 8.01.45 AM.png344519_Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 8.02.14 AM.pngHello,

Thank you for your response. You will see in the above screen shots that I have selected the Annotation tool and the cross-out tool, then selected the color dots. At this point I should have the ability to select the text that I want, but I am unable to activate this option. When I click and drag on an area, nothing becomes highlighted. The arrow, (which doesn't appear in this screen shot) just stays an arrow and does not transform into a cursor that would allow the area to be highlighted. All the other options seem to work as presented in the instructions, so I am wondering, is there a setting somewhere in SpeedGrader that I need to activate, because it seems these are the only two options that do not function as described? Any help is appreciated.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Hello,

This is a follow-up to my earlier response. I noticed, while grading another essay, that the tools that were inactive in the previous essay, now seem to work in the next essay. Don't know why. Now I need to figure out how to "undo" a highlighted portion, because now that I found out that the function does work, I am unable to remove the highlighted portion that I accidentally highlighted. Arrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!! Pen and paper is just so much easier!!!!

Highlighted

mbryant@vcccd.edu‌, in DocViewer, hover over the highlighted section to reveal a trash can icon, then click on the icon to remove the highlighting.

Highlighted

Hi,

Thanks for the response. After spending some time with the program, I eventually figured it out. Still, it's nice for you to help me out. I'm still getting used to the whole, "online all the time" aspect of my teaching now, so stay tuned. I'm sure there will be other questions down the road. Thanks again, and stay safe.

mb.

Highlighted

You're welcome, mbryant@vcccd.edu‌, and I hope you'll find the support and camaraderie here that will help you adjust to "online all the time." Be well. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Yes, pen and paper is much easier!  Did you figure out any reason the annotation started working?  Is it still working?  I can't get mine to work either.