Proctor Role

Jump to solution
roselle_basa
Community Participant

We set a Proctor role with viewing of Announcement and viewing of Grades turned on.  The rest art disabled and locked.  However, proctors can see the preview of the quiz even if it has not been published yet.  

1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @roselle_basa .  I would agree with  @Bobby2 .  Looking at the document here that Bobby provided, What user roles and permissions are available in Canvas?, "Proctor" is not a present course-level permission.  Do you know what base-level role was used to the create Proctor?  I know from our work with creating course-level permissions that there are certain behaviors in Canvas that mirror the base permission used in creating the role.  For example, at our institution instructors cannot add students to a course, so they cannot add roles created from the student role as a base but they can add teachers to a course so can add roles created from teacher as a base.  Like Bobby suggested, my guess would be that what you are experiencing is similar.  You could also contact Support however (see How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?).  In the past we have asked Support questions about course roles and they have been very helpful.

All the best!

View solution in original post