cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berwin
Surveyor II

ProctorU LTI Integration

Jump to solution

Does anyone know how to add ProctorU LTI to Canvas? Or does account services/customer success team have to handle.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
berwin
Surveyor II

Just following up on this.

I was able to add ProctorU to our Canvas instance. The configuration type was "By URL." They provided the URL, key and secret. Then I went to Developer Keys and added an API key using the information from ProctorU website, by logging in and clicking my name and under that it says "Canvas Developer Keys." I put the name of the API and then under "Redirect URI Legacy" I put the URL information from ProctorU site. That then created a key and secret in Canvas that I used on ProctorU site. If anyone is trying to do this, can always contact ProctorU account manager and they'll help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @berwin ...

Full disclosure...I've never used ProctorU before.  However, I can provide some general info about LTIs that might be of help...

It's been my experience with external LTI apps which integrate with Canvas that many have a cost associated with them...while a handful are free.  ProctorU may have a fee, so you'd want to have a conversation with the folks at ProctorU for that information.  As for integrating into Canvas, many LTIs are installed at the Canvas account level rather than at the course level.  Your school's local Canvas administrator(s) would normally be the ones who take care of installing the LTI at the Canvas account level.  By installing an external LTI app at the account level, this makes the tool available to all courses within that account...not just your course.  Some LTIs do allow installation at the course level, but then the LTI app is only available for that course...not any other courses at your school.  So, you'd also want to have a conversation with your school's Canvas admin to see what their process is for integrating LTIs.

I was searching the ProctorU website, and I found this page: Integrations - ProctorU.  Unfortunately, it doesn't give the specifics about how to integrate the LTI into Canvas.  I'm assuming that once you have a conversation with ProctorU, they'd give you (or your Canvas admin) the instructions on how to install the integration.  Normally, your Canvas admin would use one of the Guides listed here to install and configure the LTI.  ProctorU would probably provide similar instructions along with a Consumer Key and Shared Secret (similar to a username and password).

I hope this information will be of some help to you.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

@chofer thanks for your help! I've installed Zoom Pro LTI to our Canvas instance and Slack, but ProctorU seems not to be as popular as those apps, so there's not much information on it. I obtained the key and secret from ProctorU but unlike the Zoom Pro LTI, there was no XML configuration, and we'd need more than the key and secret to move forward. I'm the Canvas Admin for our school, so as soon as I hear back from ProctorU and I get it installed, I'll be sure to update for anyone else that wonders in the future and post in the Admin group.

berwin
Surveyor II

Just following up on this.

I was able to add ProctorU to our Canvas instance. The configuration type was "By URL." They provided the URL, key and secret. Then I went to Developer Keys and added an API key using the information from ProctorU website, by logging in and clicking my name and under that it says "Canvas Developer Keys." I put the name of the API and then under "Redirect URI Legacy" I put the URL information from ProctorU site. That then created a key and secret in Canvas that I used on ProctorU site. If anyone is trying to do this, can always contact ProctorU account manager and they'll help.

View solution in original post