Profile Picture

Jump to solution
hmaxwell1212
Community Novice

My Computer or my account will not let me upload a profile picture what do I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @hmaxwell1212  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I am not sure if you are an instructor or a student, but are you following the instructions within one of these Guides?

Please take note of the first paragraph in the blue box in either of these Guides...as you may or may not be able to upload a profile picture depending on what your school has configured for the Canvas instance.

If you are able to upload your photo, have you tried using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?  In general, these two browsers are the best to use when navigating around Canvas.  Make sure you are using an up-to-date browser.  And, you're already using either of these and it's not working as intended, give the other one a try.  Beyond that, you might need to reach out to Canvas Support:

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Haley.  Please sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post