cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jowens3
Community Member

Profile picture appearing with announcements and forum input?

Jump to solution

your profile picture showing up on announcements. It's not consistent. Shows up on 1 announcement but not the rest? How do I set it up where when a student posts, their profile picture shows?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi again,  @jowens3 ‌...

Take a look at my response in this thread: why is there a U beside my announcements.  You'll need to follow the link I provided there to see additional feedback about why this is happening.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jowens3 ...

I'm not sure I fully understand your question.  When a user (instructor, student, admin) uploads a photo as part of his/her profile in Canvas, it should show up when an announcement is posted by an instructor, when students reply to discussion topics, etc.  Is this not happening?  For example, if you look at a discussion topic where someone has replied multiple times, are you not seeing that person's profile picture consistently in each of his/her replies within that topic?  It's not possible for you to control other user profiles in Canvas.  You ultimately might need to reach out to Canvas Support with this question, but if you could provide some additional details and/or a screen shot (being sure to blur our student names), that might help shed some light on the situation.  Thanks Joseph.

jowens3
Community Member

Well, I'm setting up this falls class. and my profile picture shows up on

one announcement, but not any others? I was trying to figure out if I did

something different?

Prof. Joseph Owens, CMS

Career Technical Education

Trades and Technologies Department Chair

Air Conditioning Refrigeration and Ventilation Program (ACRV)

Antelope Valley College

Lancaster, Ca. 93536

Office: (661) 722-6508 Cell: (661)-816-1543

"Vivat Jesus"

and God Bless America!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jowens3 ...

Thanks for the reply.  On those announcements where you do not see your profile picture...are you instead seeing the letter "U"?  If that is the case, did you happen to import some of your announcements from a past course into your current course?  Or, did you import announcements from someone else's course into your own course?  This could explain why your profile image is not showing up for those announcements.

jowens3
Community Member

Absolutely! These are imported announcements from prior semesters.

Prof. Joseph Owens, CMS

Career Technical Education

Trades and Technologies Department Chair

Air Conditioning Refrigeration and Ventilation Program (ACRV)

Antelope Valley College

Lancaster, Ca. 93536

Office: (661) 722-6508 Cell: (661)-816-1543

"Vivat Jesus"

and God Bless America!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi again,  @jowens3 ‌...

Take a look at my response in this thread: why is there a U beside my announcements.  You'll need to follow the link I provided there to see additional feedback about why this is happening.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos