Profile picture is sideways

Jump to solution
slussier76
Community Novice

Hello, 

Can somebody please help me to adjust my profile picture.  When it was dropped into the profile it appeared sideways. I hovered over the image to try to rotate it, but the rotation arrows I would have expected never showed up.  I have noticed that a few of my students have this issue too. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Suzanne,

Canvas doesn't have the ability to rotate profile images in the system.  Your best bet is going to be to rotate the image in an offline image editing program, or there are several sites online which will let you upload an image and rotate it.

It might appear correct already on your computer.  If this is the case, try opening it in any image type program and then do a Save As to save a new copy.  When a phone takes a picture there is a "right" orientation, but meta data is saved so that phones know how much to rotate it so it appears correct.  The problem is many web sites can't read that meta data to know how to rotate them.  If you do a Save As on your computer it should save it in the proper orientation and then that copy display correctly in Canvas.

There are a few feature requests to be able to do this right within Canvas if you'd like to vote on them.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes