cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Profile picture size bigger?

Jump to solution

I have teachers who use the profile picture as a way to help them learn their students' names.  The picture size is small and makes it difficult for them to use the tool for this purpose.  Is there a way to make the profile picture bigger?  Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

nicolelschrock@columbus.rr.com,

Although the picture sizes aren't much bigger than the profile pictures, you could recommend the instructor use the Roll Call Attendance Tool​ in Canvas. One of the features of this tool is the ability to create a seating chart that uses the profile pictures of the students. Use the following guide to learnhow to create a roll call seating chart using the Attendance tool.​ The instructor would need to have the students upload a picture of themselves to use as their profile picture for this to work effectively, but the picture below show how the seating chart would appear.

Hope that helps.

rollcall.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hey, Nicole! Have you seen Teacher Tools Release Notes (Android 1.0)​? I have been using it, and it works pretty well. I am hoping enough people will use it and offer feedback that the tool will get more development and an iOS version.

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Nicole - I really like Dallas' suggestion of using the app to see a larger version of the profile picture.  If your teacher is viewing their students from the desktop version of Canvas, then the thumbnails that appear in the Canvas gradebook and discussion forums are the standard size. 

Perhaps one thing your teacher can suggest to students is instead of loading a picture into Canvas, use the Canvas "take a picture" functionality to set their profile picture.  This way they can crop the picture and make it as big as possible for the space provided, all within Canvas.  Here is a link on how to do that. How do I add a Profile picture?

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

nicolelschrock@columbus.rr.com,

Although the picture sizes aren't much bigger than the profile pictures, you could recommend the instructor use the Roll Call Attendance Tool​ in Canvas. One of the features of this tool is the ability to create a seating chart that uses the profile pictures of the students. Use the following guide to learnhow to create a roll call seating chart using the Attendance tool.​ The instructor would need to have the students upload a picture of themselves to use as their profile picture for this to work effectively, but the picture below show how the seating chart would appear.

Hope that helps.

rollcall.png

View solution in original post

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels