Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_atkinso
Community Member

Profile picture won't upload

Jump to solution

Hi,

Canvas won't show my profile picture after uploading and cropping. I have deleted all my files, and the images are below 50mb.

Thanks for your help.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @michael_atkinso  and welcome to the Community.  Have you attempted this in a couple of different web browsers, such as Firefox and Chrome?  If not I would do so and see if that fixes the problem.  Sometimes an issue appears to exist in one browser and you switch to another browser and it works fine.  Provided that doesn't work I would contact Support (How do I get help with Canvas as a student?) and see if they can look into the situation further. They may need to dig deeper than we are able to here.

All the best!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @michael_atkinso  and welcome to the Community.  Have you attempted this in a couple of different web browsers, such as Firefox and Chrome?  If not I would do so and see if that fixes the problem.  Sometimes an issue appears to exist in one browser and you switch to another browser and it works fine.  Provided that doesn't work I would contact Support (How do I get help with Canvas as a student?) and see if they can look into the situation further. They may need to dig deeper than we are able to here.

All the best!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your help. I can see that it is working in Chrome. I generally use Safari on a Mac. Will this work in the future?

Kind Regards

Michael

Michael Atkinson

Lecturer in Medical Education

School of Medical Education

Faculty of Medical Sciences

Newcastle University

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE2 4HH

https://blogs.ncl.ac.uk/michaelatkinson

Hello again  @michael_atkinso   Glad that is working now! Generally, everything should work in the supported browser versions (see What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas?).  If something doesn't the quickest fix is often to flip to another browser temporarily.  Sometimes a supported browser runs into an issue temporarily or there is some type of internet cache issue and switching browsers fixes the issue.  Using a supported browser, if something isn't working you can always close the browser, clear the cache, and try again.  If the problem persists Support would be interested in knowing so they can investigate further.  Being said, I always suggest to our faculty that they just try another browser and if it works, continue with what they were doing unless they run into another problem.

Hope this helps and have a great day! 

That’s helpful, thanks Eric. Enjoy your weekend.

Michael Atkinson

Lecturer in Medical Education

School of Medical Education

Faculty of Medical Sciences

Newcastle University

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE2 4HH

https://blogs.ncl.ac.uk/michaelatkinson