Progress not tracking

Jump to solution
MSCSapirations
Community Member

I am a student taking  CPE-MCS-BP1-101  from ASU  and there is no clear  indication of  which assignments need to be completed  in the orientation despite the fact that I have been through each  assignment  multiple  times  reading  the  nondescript  text to sort out the  problem. I have moved on from that module and am already at the  3rd module, but none of  my assignments are  being logged as complete, despite the fact  that it is recording my quiz grades for  module 1  and 2 in my profile. I guess I can keep going along without it showing my assignments being  completed but it is very concerning as I have done everything in these modules multiple times to see if there was a  button or  something I missed. 

Also to note:  when reaching out through the  help tab in canvas it  doesn't actually send canvas bug reports or queries for help or reach out  to  any ASU faculty as I checked the  network tab while inspecting element and saw  no packets  being sent when clicking the buttons, and  no, this is not a network loss on my end otherwise I wouldn't be able to connect to the course or download the course materials. Nothing happens when you hit those fake buttons and it is truly infuriating that  I have 0 points of contact from Canvas or  ASU to work this out. I'm just trying to take my courses and be on my way, I really need help to sort this out. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @MSCSapirations 

It may be just as simple as that your teacher has not set your Canvas classroom to track module progress. This is done by setting module requirements. Your best bet is to ask your teacher. How do I send a message to a user in a course in the Inbox as a student? 

In your help menu, you should see a link to "report a Problem". This will open a message box to report your problem to either Canvas Support, or to your school's eLearning Department then to Canvas. You should also see a link that states "Ask my instructor a question". Some schools modify their help menus, so the wording might be different.

When you submit an assignment, you receive a conformation of submission. Have you gotten those? How do I know when my assignment has been submitted? 

Have you checked your grades to verify that your submissions have been graded? How do I view my grades in a current course? 

Bottom line - asking your instructor is your best bet.

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes