cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jreardon
Community Member

Prompts/Questions for Peer Reviewers

Jump to solution

Years ago, in a different LMS, I was able to provide questions/prompts for peer reviewers to respond to.  This helped students give more meaningful feedback than "It was good" or "I liked it."  Is this possible in Canvas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Jeanne,

You can kind of do this through the use of a Rubric.  When you have a rubric on a Peer Reviewed Assignment, the reviewers need to both complete the rubric and add comments to the assignment.  So if you set your rubric up with those types of guided questions/prompts that could work in much the same manner as what you describe.

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Jeanne,

You can kind of do this through the use of a Rubric.  When you have a rubric on a Peer Reviewed Assignment, the reviewers need to both complete the rubric and add comments to the assignment.  So if you set your rubric up with those types of guided questions/prompts that could work in much the same manner as what you describe.

Rick

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @jreardon ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on November 3, 2018.  It looks like  @rmurchshafer  replied with some feedback a day later.  Have you had a chance to review his response?  If so, did his feedback help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help from members of the Community?  If you feel that Rick's feedback has helped to answer your question, please feel free to click the "Mark Correct" button next to his response.  However, if you are still in need of some help from members of the Community, please come back to this thread to provide us with an update so that someone might be able to help you out.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you in over five months and because there hasn't been any new activity for about that same amount of time.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Jeanne.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.