cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Providing feedback ONLY on essay portion of quiz

Jump to solution

I have a faculty member who is creating an exam with multiple choice and essay. He does not want students to see the responses/right answers on the multiple choice, but would like to be able to see the feedback on the essay. Is there any way to do this in one quiz or do we need to build two quizzes?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Laura,

I don't think with the existing quiz settings there is a way to do this with feedback on individual essay questions.  However, it should be possible if the instructor added their comments in Speedgrader using the comments section on the lower right side of the page.  I know it's not as convenient as right in line with the essay, but even with multiple essay questions it would would just be a matter of making a new comment for each question being graded and perhaps prefacing it with the question text for reference.

Rick

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Laura,

I don't think with the existing quiz settings there is a way to do this with feedback on individual essay questions.  However, it should be possible if the instructor added their comments in Speedgrader using the comments section on the lower right side of the page.  I know it's not as convenient as right in line with the essay, but even with multiple essay questions it would would just be a matter of making a new comment for each question being graded and perhaps prefacing it with the question text for reference.

Rick

View solution in original post