cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor II

Publishing Module Only and Not Sub Content

Jump to solution

Why isn't there an option when publishing a module that allows instructor to select to publish either all the module items or just the module sans any items?  For example, I have a Quizzes Module with 10 quizzes that are staggered throughout the semester.   If I unpublish each quiz and the module, then when I publish the module all quizzes are also published.  I'd prefer just to publish the module then self-select the quizzes to publish as needed.

Please don't say or ask about setting publishing dates.  When and which quizzes I use can vary by semester and pace of course.  Thus I may not know in advance which quiz I'll use or when I'll use it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi ajw13@psu.edu - My best recommendation to you would be to vote "up" and comment, if you like, this Feature Idea:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12821-stop-canvas-modules-from-auto-publishing-all-content-ins... . 

(Ironically--if my fading memory serves--what you describe was the way that Modules were originally, but then later changed because people didn't like having to click on each item one-by-one.  I can't document that claim at the moment, but it's no matter now!)  But DO take a look at that Feature Idea to see if it matches what you want.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi ajw13@psu.edu - My best recommendation to you would be to vote "up" and comment, if you like, this Feature Idea:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12821-stop-canvas-modules-from-auto-publishing-all-content-ins... . 

(Ironically--if my fading memory serves--what you describe was the way that Modules were originally, but then later changed because people didn't like having to click on each item one-by-one.  I can't document that claim at the moment, but it's no matter now!)  But DO take a look at that Feature Idea to see if it matches what you want.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels