QTI IMPORT ERROR NEW QUIZZES

Jump to solution
cstephenson2
Community Member

Trying to import question in QTI format to assignments as a quiz or test. 

How do I find my QTI version? Is this still a glitch that canvas is trying to fix?

When I click details, there are no details. 

323554_pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @cstephenson2  Welcome to the Canvas Community. Those .zip file packages can be nefarious creatures sometimes; it seems each publisher has their own idea of what may import into Canvas correctly.  You did not specify if you were trying this in a Canvas site with New Quizzes or not, but (thanks to your providing the file) I can verify that I was able to import it properly into a test course site using traditional/current quizzes.

What I did was pretty much what is outlined here:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12683-4152724198  Just so you know, I also chose the option to create a new question bank and named it.  The end result is that the quiz was created....with 50 questions worth 5 points in total (0.1 points per question).  Here's what I wound up with in my sample course:

323733_EMT chapter 2 quiz.jpg

It also appeared in the quiz banks just fine.  So, it's hard to say where things may have gone wrong--and no, I can't really tell you why there were no error details when you tried it--but again I can only speak from the experience of trying it in the current version of quizzes (where quizzes that are created "from scratch" are created via the Quizzes menu item) and not from New Quizzes, where they are created via Assignments.  

I'm not sure this is an answer, exactly, but I wanted to share my experience with the .zip package that you provided.  If you continue to run into issues, you may want to see if your local Canvas support can offer any solutions or contact Canvas support via HELP>>REPORT A PROBLEM.

View solution in original post

0 Likes