cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

QUESTION REGARDING ANNOUNCEMENTS

Jump to solution

What is the purpose of empty small box that you can check or leave blank once you've made an ANNOUNCEMENT?  It is located to the left of the circular photo ID of the instructor in the announcement itself.

Would love to know.  Please forgive my ignorance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello ppoulos@exchange.calstatela.edu...

Depending on what you want to do with your course announcements, these two Guides provide the detail on that checkbox:

You'll notice that the padlock and trash can icons are not highlighted until you place a checkmark in at least one of the boxes.

I hope this helps, Phil.  Stay safe, be well, and Happy Easter!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello ppoulos@exchange.calstatela.edu...

Depending on what you want to do with your course announcements, these two Guides provide the detail on that checkbox:

You'll notice that the padlock and trash can icons are not highlighted until you place a checkmark in at least one of the boxes.

I hope this helps, Phil.  Stay safe, be well, and Happy Easter!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

If I may ask one other (dumb) question: What does it mean when there is a U in the picture ID? I think it means that students have to be authorized to view the announcement, or must be granted access to it. Is there a way to remove that U so my symbol shows and so I don't have to issue individual access?

Many thanks for your help, and a Happy Easter to you as well. Be safe, please.

PHIL POULOS

Hi ppoulos@exchange.calstatela.edu...

The "U" has nothing to do with students being authorized to view announcements.  Please see this topic: Announcements question.

I know you didn't ask about this (and we are more than happy to help answer questions here in the Community), but I wanted to also give you a Guide on how to search for content here in the Community...as you might find that questions similar to yours have already been answered.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14896-75187841178 Again, you'll find all kinds of people here in the Community that are ready to help, but if you are looking to find an answer right away, changes are pretty good you might be able to find a "how to" Guide or a previously asked question that would help to answer your question(s), too.  Feel free to continue to post your questions as you have them, and Community members will do our best to respond.  Take care...

CHRIS:

Thanks so much for your help.

Will consult the links you've suggested for future questions.

PHIL