cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdavick
Community Member

Questions About "View Results" in Quizzes.Next

In the original quizzes, there are several options for how and if students can view their results.

300395_Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 3.37.34 PM.png

It seems that in Quizzes.Next there is only the option to allow results to be view or not allow them to be viewed.

300398_Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 3.50.55 PM.png

We often assign quizzes and want our students to see which questions they answered incorrectly, but want them to go back and find the correct answer (not have it given to them). Is this an option in quizzes next?

I know there is the option within the Quizzes.Next to give more specific feedback based on a student's answer, but I'm not sure if we can allow them to see the questions they missed without also seeing the correct answers

Can someone share any insight about what this looks like in Quizzes.Next?

5 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@sdavick ‌, as the Quizzes.Next team works toward solution parity, additional and more robust settings for answer release will be added to the tool. This is the current comparison document, and it's updated regularly: Quizzes.Next Feature Comparison 

I hope you will join the Quizzes.Next User Group‌ to engage in discussions with others who have been using Quizzes.Next in testing and live courses. In the meantime, you might want to follow the group to stay on top of new enhancements to the tool as they are released.

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sdavick .  At this time I don't know of a way to show student's their responses but hide the correct answers as you describe. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has found a work-around, but I did a bit of testing and didn't see a clear option.  You mentioned the general feedback option, and in my testing, this doesn't appear unless students are allowed to see their responses in which case the correct answer is visible as well.

Like Stefanie mentioned, the goal of those developing Quizzes.Next is to obtain parity with the classic quiz as soon as possible.  There was a good deal of discussion in the Quizzes.Next User Group about hiding student responses and the desire to have the same options for showing correct answers in the new system.  There has been at least one update to this feature in the last few months so I am encouraged by this progress.  

Thank you for your reply, Eric. I am glad to hear this may be something that is coming but just not ready yet.

Hi  @sdavick   Since we spoke about additional options for restricting student view of questions/answers in Quizzes.Next, I thought I would bring to your attention that an update was recently made to this functionality (see New features: Reopen quiz and additional response release options).  I hope that you find some of these features helpful.

Best wishes!

sarah_donahoe
Community Member

Well, this is old, but yeah, you can. 

When you choose the settings to restrict student results view, select: 

314006_pastedImage_2.png

If they didn't earn any points, they got that one wrong. Hope it helps!