cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlmasters
Surveyor

Quiz Changes Not Saving

Jump to solution

Changes I make to an unpublished quiz are not showing up. I make changes including adding a question, removing questions, and changing questions. When I save the quiz, the changes are gone. I have to log out and clear cookies- and do this multiple times. Even after that, I need to sign into an incognito window to see the changes. Anyone else experiencing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yep, I am having the same problem!  I am using Chrome.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jlmasters  

Other than submitting a support ticket, and soon before you lose your mind, the only other suggestion I have is in regards to browsers - are you using a current browser? Are you using Firefox or Chrome? Are you avoiding IE or Edge like the plague they are?

Let us know!

Kelley

Thanks, Kelley. I did submit a ticket, but it's just so strange, I was wondering if anyone else had seen it or had any other suggestions.

I am using the most current version of Chrome. (And avoiding IE as you say lol.)

Hi again, Jessica!

I had not heard anything in either the Community nor from my own faculty, which was why I suggested a ticket.

Have you heard back from support? I am guessing not, but had to ask. When you do, could you let us know what they have to say just in case the is an epidemic - boy, what is with me and all these disease references today?

Thanks,

Kelley

Yep, I am having the same problem!  I am using Chrome.

View solution in original post

eclisastewart
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. My quiz questions aren't showing.

I'm using Chrome Version 74.0.3729.157, MAC OS Mojave

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jlmasters ...

Happy New Year!  I wanted to take a moment to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since September 4, 2019.  Have you found any resolution to this issue with your quiz questions not saving properly?  (daryl.docterman and  @eclisastewart , what about either of you?)  It would be great to hear back from you either way.   @kmeeusen  also mentioned that it would be great to know if you were in contact with the Canvas Help Desk staff.  If so, would you be willing to share the outcome of that conversation with us?  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Jessica.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

Yes, I checked online, and someone had this problem, and had solved it. (I

can't remember if it was someone from the Canvas community or not.)

Thanks for the follow up. I appreciate it.

Daryl

I use questions banks, and when I edit questions, Canvas warns me that changes are not automatically implemented in existing quizzes. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. No idea why.

I have found it's a good idea to open the quiz in Student View. Upon closing, a pink message appears asking if I want to update the quiz with changes that "have not been saved."  For some mysterious reason, agreeing seems to implement the changes I made to the question bank question.

As with all things digital, it's a miracle any of this works at all.

Richard