Quiz Editing Glitch

Jump to solution
lezhao
Community Novice

Hi there,

This has been going on for a few days now. When I go to edit the quiz answer and click on the pencil icon to "toggle editing answer text as HTML", it just pushes me to the top of the page. This does not happen if I try to edit the question.

I have tried different browsers(Chrome, IE, Firefox), different OS(Windows and Mac), it behaves identically. Very rarely does it allow me to edit the answer. I wonder if this has something to do with connection because the script for editing was not downloaded or no connection was made to the server.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes
3 Solutions
GeoffreyCox
Community Member

I had this problem as well. I fixed it by clearing my Chrome browser data. If you don't use Chrome, perhaps a similar approach may work for you.

I went into Settings>Security and Privacy>Clear Browsing Data

I checked the Cookies and Cached Images options. After hitting "Clear Data," it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cstrikwerda
Instructure
Instructure

I was able to do some further testing on this, and found that the reason we would be seeing a jumping to the top of the page when clicking that pencil icon 'Toggle editing answer text as HTML' this would be because we have a '#' in the URL field that is doing this. 
If you are editing your quiz, and are on the questions tab, you should be at

instance.instructure.com/courses/course_id/quizzes/quiz_id/edit#question_tab
If you have a URL that ends with a blank #, for EX:
instance.instructure.com/courses/course_id/quizzes/quiz_id/edit#

That will jump to the top of the page when editing. We want to make sure you are at the /edit#question_tab when editing, or you will see that jumping behavior.

cpontius
Community Participant

Our institution is also encountering this issue. Clearing cache and cookies didn't appear to work for us and neither did trying to append "quistions_tab" after the #. 

What did work is when you edit the quiz, you'll have tabs up top. Right-click on the Questions tab and click Open link in new tab. This will open up a new tab and it will have the questions tab up. From there, you should be able to click on the pencil icon to access the RCE. Continue editing the quiz in this new tab and save when done. The original tab can be closed.