cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Quiz Importing - in Fill in the Blank sentences

Jump to solution

I have a teacher who is importing a quiz from her last year's course.  She has mostly fill in the blank questions with full sentence answers.  When she imports it to the current course, there are now dashes between the words instead of spaces.  An example would be: I like ice cream. turns into I-like-ice-cream. upon import.  Has anyone ever seen this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello hharris@tuhsd.k12.az.us...

This certainly doesn't sound like normal Canvas behavior.  Has your instructor considered contacting the folks at the Canvas Help Desk to report this as a possible bug?  That's where I would start...so that the Canvas engineers could look into the issue and determine if they need to fix something on the back-end of Canvas.  You can find more information on how to contact the Help Desk here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12877-4152719652 

I hope this helps, Heather.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello hharris@tuhsd.k12.az.us...

This certainly doesn't sound like normal Canvas behavior.  Has your instructor considered contacting the folks at the Canvas Help Desk to report this as a possible bug?  That's where I would start...so that the Canvas engineers could look into the issue and determine if they need to fix something on the back-end of Canvas.  You can find more information on how to contact the Help Desk here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12877-4152719652 

I hope this helps, Heather.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you! We are putting in a ticket to help desk as well as this

question. We thought it would be good to see if anyone else has had this

issue before.

Canvas just replied, it is a known issue and in to engineering.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:52 PM chofer@morainepark.edu <

Highlighted

If it was a known issue, where was the announcement from Canvas? I can't find any evidence of being alerted to this. Just discovered.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have had the same problem with fill in answers and hyphens appearing. It renders the key almost useless. I hope this can be resolved soon.

Deb Lawson

Highlighted
Community Member

This just happened to me.  Many of my fill in the blank questions Possible Answers were copied incorrectly.  special characters like (), [], ", ' - were replaced with -. In addition, answers that were reformatted were preceded with RESPONSE_

Highlighted
Learner

This happened to me too. I was told the issue was corrected on Dec. 8, but courses imported before then would have this problem. Was there ever an announcement about this? This affects students' grades!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Good to hear that I'm not the only one having this issue. I hope that it really is fixed now.