cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Quiz: Keep video box still while scrolling questions

Jump to solution

Teacher/Instructor

I already understand how to embed a video (both youtube link & uploaded file) to a Quiz.

What I want to have happen is for the questions associated with that video within the Quiz to be able to be scrolled by the students beneath the continuously playing video.  And, I'd like the video controls to be available and working for the students.

When I try to put the video in a question, the video will disappear when the student goes to the next question (duh!).

When I try to put the video in the Details box, and I set questions to "Show one question at a time", the video "box" will stay on the screen, but will stop and reset to the beginning when the student goes to the next question.

When I try to put the video in the Details box, and I set questions to NOT "Show one question at a time", the video "box" will disappear when the student scrolls to go to the next question.

Hopefully I am clear with what I'd like to have happen. 

Help!  Thanks!!

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is because it is added as an external tool.  You will be forwarded to everything else you need after you save the due date and total points.  (ignore unlimited attempts, you need to use the settings in the actual quiz)  To return to this screen and edit it later, you can only reach it from the three dot menu of the quiz as displayed on the assignment tab.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Navigator II

In new quizzes there is a question type called "stimulus" you can put your video in the stimulus, and link questions to it.  Then questions will either scroll past or show one at a time, next to the stimulus.

Sounds great, but how do I find "new quizzes"?  The Quiz creator option I see here does not have a "stimulus" question option.

I think I found it, but it seems quite a bit different from the Classic Quiz engine.

And I do not see the stimulus option you mentioned.  I'm guessing I have to use one of the external tools.

Time to find a training video...

Thanks!!

Navigator II

If your new quizzes option is not turned on yet, you should be able to go to course settings > feature options and turn it on.  Once it is on, you will have an option on your quizzes tab to create either classic quizzes or new quizzes.  New quizzes will also appear on the assignment tab. 

There are a few other differences.  New Quizzes runs like an external tool.  You set the point value and due dates from the three dot menu of the assignment tab (each new quiz will automatically also display there), and all other settings within the quiz itself.  The points on the assignment tab are automatically distributed proportionately according to the points on the quiz questions.  (So you can make a 100 point quiz with 5 one-point questions and 1 five-point question, and it will automatically assign a score in the gradebook using 10 points  and 50 points per question respectively.)

Sounds good, but I'm in the New Quiz engine now, and I have no tabs at the top to add questions.

What external tool should I choose to get a similar option to add questions with?Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 10.14.34 AM.png

I found a video!

Apparently you have to save the quiz before you actually create it in order to create the quiz (and then, I'm guessing, save it yet again).

I'm stumbling through...

thankyouthankyou!

That is because it is added as an external tool.  You will be forwarded to everything else you need after you save the due date and total points.  (ignore unlimited attempts, you need to use the settings in the actual quiz)  To return to this screen and edit it later, you can only reach it from the three dot menu of the quiz as displayed on the assignment tab.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos