cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Learner II

Quiz Statistics and Fill in the Blank questions

Jump to solution

Hello,

Quiz statistics screen show a neat bar graph for all the correct fill in the blank answers and its distributions. However that does not seem to be the case with wrong answers. See image below.

Is there an existing way to "expand" all the wrong answers students put down so we can see what wrong answers students has been answering? Or is the bar graph currently limited to correct answers only?

I've found a current work around is to export a student analysis for the quiz and make the bar graph within Excel. If there are quicker/neater ways. I'm all ear as well.

Thank a lot for the help.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Unfortunately, hfchen, I fear you will have to continue exporting the student analysis.  Judging from the official Canvas documentation on the quiz statistics page, below is the official word.  (Bold was added by me; the numbers in brackets refer to an illustration on the page.)

Each question includes a breakdown with each question answer choice. Correct answer response(s) are shown in a green bar with a check mark [2]; incorrect responses are shown in a black bar [3]. Question types that do not have set answer choices, such as as Fill-in-the-Blank questions, display entries other than the correct answer in a black striped bar [4]. The horizontal bars are scaled according to the answer response percentage [5].

This is according to this page in the Canvas documentation:  Once I publish my quiz, what kinds of quiz statistics are available? 

I could see where doing otherwise might be a bit intense from a programming--if not page display--perspective.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Member

Unfortunately, hfchen, I fear you will have to continue exporting the student analysis.  Judging from the official Canvas documentation on the quiz statistics page, below is the official word.  (Bold was added by me; the numbers in brackets refer to an illustration on the page.)

Each question includes a breakdown with each question answer choice. Correct answer response(s) are shown in a green bar with a check mark [2]; incorrect responses are shown in a black bar [3]. Question types that do not have set answer choices, such as as Fill-in-the-Blank questions, display entries other than the correct answer in a black striped bar [4]. The horizontal bars are scaled according to the answer response percentage [5].

This is according to this page in the Canvas documentation:  Once I publish my quiz, what kinds of quiz statistics are available? 

I could see where doing otherwise might be a bit intense from a programming--if not page display--perspective.

View solution in original post

That was my finding too after looking around. I wish it would at least be a feature that can be toggled on/off, but maybe it's a really niche request after all. In which case the excel work around works. I hope Modern Quiz Engine would maybe make improvements here. But we will see.

Thanks for the response.