cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Quiz announcement

Jump to solution

Is there a way to automatically create an announcement to students when a quiz is launched?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello sbennett@troy.edu...

I think the closest you might get to this is by selecting the check-box option when editing the quiz that says, "Notify users this quiz has changed".  But then, you have to assume that, in each student's "Notifications" screen, he/she has chosen to get notifications about "Course Content" via e-mail, Twitter, text message, etc.  And, depending on their own personal preferences, they may not want to receive notifications about "Course Content"...or at least not right away.  To add to this, I'm not entirely sure that the check-box option would send a notification alert that a quiz has been published and/or launched.  If you check out the Guide, How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?, you will find a link to a PDF file in the first paragraph of the blue box.  Take a look at the top of page 6 of that document.  That table outlines exactly what things in a quiz will trigger a possible notification to students.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Sheila.  Please let Community members know if you have any additional questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello sbennett@troy.edu...

I think the closest you might get to this is by selecting the check-box option when editing the quiz that says, "Notify users this quiz has changed".  But then, you have to assume that, in each student's "Notifications" screen, he/she has chosen to get notifications about "Course Content" via e-mail, Twitter, text message, etc.  And, depending on their own personal preferences, they may not want to receive notifications about "Course Content"...or at least not right away.  To add to this, I'm not entirely sure that the check-box option would send a notification alert that a quiz has been published and/or launched.  If you check out the Guide, How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?, you will find a link to a PDF file in the first paragraph of the blue box.  Take a look at the top of page 6 of that document.  That table outlines exactly what things in a quiz will trigger a possible notification to students.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Sheila.  Please let Community members know if you have any additional questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels