cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Quiz answers marked wrong while within accepted range

Last year, I made a number of formula-based questions in the Quiz Beta.  For each question, an accepted range was provided (Example: +/- 0.1).  I imported those questions in to my courses for this year and assigned them.  I am currently having a lot of instances where students are getting the correct answer within the range assigned, but Canvas is marking them as incorrect (an issue I did not have last year). 

When editing the question, I can see that there now appear to be more options available as far as decimal places.  I feel as though this is where the issue is arising because there will be instances where the system will refuse to generate answers based on the formula due to the "precision" of the variables compared to the answer.  It seems like the system is marking student answer choices wrong for incorrect significant figures, even though many times the significant figures the system is marking are incorrect themselves. 

Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there a way to stop the system for checking for precision?

Also, I can't even seem to access the Quiz Beta style editor unless I edit an old question created in the beta editor last year.  The only option for creating new questions is the older editor version.  Is the Quiz Beta version gone for now?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, cnapolitano@hse.k12.in.us...

I am reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered since you first posted it on August 26, 2019.  Unfortunately, I don't really have an answer for you myself, but I did want to check in with you to see if you've been able to find any solutions on your own.  If so, would you be willing to share your findings back here in this topic with us?  Or, if you are still looking for some help with your question, please let us know that as well.  Either way, we would like to hear back from you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we have been able to find a solution for you...but more because we haven't seen any new activity in this topic for over four months and we've not heard back from you.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Carmen.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Highlighted

Chris,

Unfortunately, i have not found a solution for this issue.  At this time, I am currently just telling students how many decimal places to include in their answers so they don’t get marked incorrect.

Carmen

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels