cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Quiz data deleted - gone forever?

Jump to solution

If a quiz has already been administered, and student data is in place, then the "Assign" fields "Assign to" assigned dates are accidentally deleted, does the test data get deleted as well? (It looks that way.) #quiz data deleted #Assign quiz 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Hi jwc0115@unt.edu

Was it actually the dates that were deleted, or the names/groups of students it was assigned to? I have a quiz that was assigned like this:

293855_pastedImage_1.png
Students took the quiz and then I deleted the Due, Available From and Until dates in the quiz settings. But the student submissions and grades for the quiz were still visible. I then deleted two of the student names from the Assign To box and I could no longer see their submissions or grades. But when I edited the quiz again and put those two student names back in the Assign To box, their submission data was visible again.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you were asking but I hope it's helpful.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Hi jwc0115@unt.edu

Was it actually the dates that were deleted, or the names/groups of students it was assigned to? I have a quiz that was assigned like this:

293855_pastedImage_1.png
Students took the quiz and then I deleted the Due, Available From and Until dates in the quiz settings. But the student submissions and grades for the quiz were still visible. I then deleted two of the student names from the Assign To box and I could no longer see their submissions or grades. But when I edited the quiz again and put those two student names back in the Assign To box, their submission data was visible again.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you were asking but I hope it's helpful.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

That is what I found to be true: the data stayed in the system, but with the student names not assigned it looked like they had disappeared. When I reassigned them to the assignment their data was there.  Thank you.

Highlighted

Latching onto this stream with a new user name....  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels