cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ns3320
Surveyor

Quiz in unpublished course gives notice that students have already started taking quiz

Jump to solution

We have a course that is launching in the Fall so it is unpublished for now. The mid-term exam will be proctored through Proctorio. When we open up Edit mode we get the notice that students have already taken or started taking the quiz. I've checked Moderate this Quiz and Speed Grader and see no attempts at the quiz from students. I even reset the Test Student in case that was it. 

Does anyone have any ideas why an unpublished course with a quiz that isn't available until October could be showing that message?

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

We actually figured it out. An instructor or someone must have previewed the quiz which made Canvas think that someone had started it and why resetting the Test Student didn't fix it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ysmalls
Adventurer III

Hello  @ns3320 ,

It has been my experience that when this happens is because the teacher reviewed the test in "Student View" and with that it seems as though student's have taken the test.  Go to the course and select "Student View " and Select "Reset Student" that should clear any scores or views associated with that account and you should not see that message.

Hope this helps. 

Hi Yaddira,

Thanks for your reply, but I've already tried resetting the test student and I'm still getting that notice. Do you have any other ideas I could try?

We actually figured it out. An instructor or someone must have previewed the quiz which made Canvas think that someone had started it and why resetting the Test Student didn't fix it.

View solution in original post

Awesome!  Glad to see it's all figured out.