cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Quiz is not visible.

Jump to solution

I do not see a quiz that had previously been appearing. I set it up on a timer for the students to take next week, but now, I can not see it, nor do I know how to access it. Please advise. Thank you. Allen Cornwell

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi jcornwell@rappahannock.eduand welcome to the Community.  You may need to contact Canvas Support directly (see How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?) or someone who supports Canvas at your institution so they can actually see you course and help problem solve what you are experience, but here are a couple of thoughts.  You might try looking under both the assignments and quizzes tab to see if you see the assignment you created. Even if not available to students yet, you should see a quiz you created in one of these tabs.  If you do not, you could try in a couple of different web browsers (such as Chrome and Firefox), as sometimes an issue exists with one that doesn't in another.  Closing Canvass, clearing one's internet browser cache, and logging back in to Canvas sometimes also helps.

I'm not sure if this helps, but hopefully one of the simple solutions above does the trick.  If not a Canvas Support agent or someone at your institution would be able to look at your class directly and see what may be happening.

All the best!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi jcornwell@rappahannock.eduand welcome to the Community.  You may need to contact Canvas Support directly (see How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?) or someone who supports Canvas at your institution so they can actually see you course and help problem solve what you are experience, but here are a couple of thoughts.  You might try looking under both the assignments and quizzes tab to see if you see the assignment you created. Even if not available to students yet, you should see a quiz you created in one of these tabs.  If you do not, you could try in a couple of different web browsers (such as Chrome and Firefox), as sometimes an issue exists with one that doesn't in another.  Closing Canvass, clearing one's internet browser cache, and logging back in to Canvas sometimes also helps.

I'm not sure if this helps, but hopefully one of the simple solutions above does the trick.  If not a Canvas Support agent or someone at your institution would be able to look at your class directly and see what may be happening.

All the best!

View solution in original post

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi jcornwell@rappahannock.edu.  I hope that you were able to find the quiz you were looking for, but wanted to let you know I ran into this myself yesterday with assignments.  I was using Chrome at the time and switching to Firefox fixed the issue for me.

All the best---

Surveyor II

From the API, you can see the deleted quizzes but support needs to try to pull it back from the brink.  😉

Anyhow, same thing with me but the quiz was truly deleted as I too tried the multiple browser thing.  So, seems like contacting support is truly the best way to get the quiz reinstated.

Hi lmsstaff@everettsd.org 

Have you tried the Undelete trick?

Kelley

Could not do 'undelete' as it requires a URL to the quiz.  I could not find a way to know what it was, so there was no use in trying.  I guess the API might have that information in the data results but by that time the support rep had already restored the quiz.  Food for thought though.

Hi again, lmsstaff@everettsd.org 

That is one of the more obvious drawbacks of managing content through API calls, rather than through the UI. You don't need the Quiz URL for Undelete, simply...

• Go to the course the quiz (or any other hastily deleted content) was in,
  • Go to the course's URL in the browser's address field,
  • Back up the URL to where the course number ends,
  • Then type "undelete" like in the image below...

https://your school name.instructure.com/courses/1837200/undelete 

You will get a list of all deleted items from that course, and an opportunity to restore them as shown in the image below.....

327048_pastedImage_4.png

I hope this trick proves useful in the future.

Kelley

Ah, I didn't realize that it gave you an option for selecting various items.  Good to know!